I’ve completed a B.A. in History, which involves a great deal of independent research, as well as academic and public-facing writing. I also write academically in both history and CS.
Sometimes I write journalistically in The College Hill Independent and for other local news sources.
I have several pieces of writing (both CS research and journalism) forthcoming by the end of 2020/beginning of 2021.
Some writing (pieces written for classes are marked by a *):
- “Ballot Counting in Fall River is secure. We saw it firsthand.” (The Fall River Herald News, November 2020)
- “Detecting Large Vessel Occlusion at Multiphase CT Angiography by Using a Deep Convolutional Neural Network” (Radiology, October 2020)
- “Judah’s Offering: Satire and Misogyny in Jewish al-Andalus” (Sex, Power, God*, Spring 2020)
- “What Brown Could Pay: Brown’s property tax exemption and the crisis of public school funding” (The College Hill Independent, November 2019)
- “Harm and the Holy: Divinity in Two Jews On A Train” (Jewish Humor and Commercial Entertainment*, Fall 2019)
- “Sealing the Deal: Competing narratives of conservation in the Narragansett Bay” (The College Hill Independent, April 2019)
- “A Future You Can Believe In: China and the advent of the Social Credit System” (The College Hill Independent, February 2018)
- “Trapped in the m.A.A.d. City: Colonizing Compton” (Brown Journal of History, May 2017)
- “Repression, Religion, Revolt: Kurdish Nationalism and the Sheikh Said Rebellion” (Debates in Middle Eastern History*, Spring 2017)